At Paul Nudelman Joailliers Inc. (the “Company” or “we”), we recognize the need to protect the privacy of the personal information you provide to us with respect to your access and use of the Company’s website (www.paulnudelman.com) (the “Website”).
- Protection of Your Information. We are accountable for the information in our custody. Therefore, when we collect or use your information, we will utilize commercially reasonable safeguards to ensure its protection. It should be noted that no security procedure is currently 100% effective. Should any breach of your personal information occur, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible, as required by applicable law.
- Type and Purpose of Collection. In order to facilitate its use by our customers, we collect information in various ways, such as when you provide it at our stores, social media channels, at our events, through surveys, via text messages, on the telephone or at various points in the Website. Specifically, two types of information are collected:
- Non-Personal Information: Upon accessing the Website, certain non-personal information will be automatically collected without your knowledge or consent, such as your IP address and the referring website (“Non-Personal Information”). We use Non-Personal Information to examine our traffic and to view how our customers use the Website. This type of information will not allow you to be personally identified. For example, we use “cookies,” which contains only certain statistical information. You can instruct your computer to inform you whenever a cookie is being sent, or you can disallow cookies through your web browser. If you do choose to disallow cookies, your experience on the Website may be diminished, or your ability to choose some of the options on the Website may be limited.
- Identifying Personal Information: To utilize some portions of the Website, you must first provide personal information that will allow you to be identified (“Personal Information”). This type of information will not be collected without your consent. The purposes of the collection of Personal Information are the following:
- To sign in to the Website;
- To contact you;
- To administer your account;
- To share content with other users on the Website;
- To establish a relationship with you;
- To facilitate your service with our affiliated service providers;
- To anticipate and resolve problems with your service;
- To understand your needs and desires vis-à-vis the Website;
- To update you on changes to our services or products, including new promotions;
- To provide products and services to you;
- To process your payments;
- To respond to your questions;
- To operate, evaluate and improve our business;
- To reduce credit risk and manage collections;
- To verify your identity;
- To protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- To comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies.
We expressly acknowledge that we will not use your Personal Information for any other purposes without your consent. Furthermore, we will only collect Personal Information to the extent necessary for the abovementioned purposes.
The Personal Information we collect will vary depending on how you are using the Website, but may include, without limitation: (i) contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, and mobile or other telephone number); (ii) payment, purchase and transaction information (such as your payment card number, expiration date, authorization number or security code, delivery address, and billing address, charge history as well as other related credit card information); (iii) unique identifiers such as user name, user ID, account number and password; (iv) preferences information such as product or content interests, communication or marketing preferences; (v) device information and data; (vii) Twitter, Google+ and Facebook identity; (viii) age and gender; (ix) customer service information (such as customer service inquiries, comments, and repair history); (x) photographs, comments and other content you provide; (xi) information regarding your personal or professional interests, date of birth, marital status or demographics; and (xii) information we may obtain from our third-party service providers.
Additionally, Personal Information may be used and disclosed to the extent the Company may deem reasonably necessary to enforce the terms of any agreement between you and the Company, or to protect the rights, property or safety of any person or entity.
- Right to Examine Information. You have the right to examine any of your Personal Information that we collect. Should you wish to examine such information, please send us a written request to: email@example.com. We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable administrative fee to access your information, as permitted by applicable law. In certain cases we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your Personal Information (ex: if the information also pertains to the Personal Information of another user).
- Withdrawal of Consent. You may withdraw your consent to the collection of Personal Information at any time by sending a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receiving notice that you have revoked your consent, we will stop using your Personal Information within a reasonable time, which will vary depending on what information we have collected and for what purpose. Please note that we will send you an email confirmation upon receipt of your request. Therefore, if you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact us again with your request. If you do choose to withdraw such consent, your experience on the Website, or your ability to choose some of the options on the Website or the services provided therein may be limited.
- Sharing Information. We will not sell, rent or disclose to outside parties the information we collect and save, except that we may share the collected information with other parties as follows:
(a) Affiliated Service Providers: We have agreements with various affiliated service providers to facilitate the functioning of the Website, with whom we may share the information we have collected. For example, we may share your credit card information with the credit card service provider to process your purchase. All administrative service providers that we use are required to have the same level of privacy protection as we have, and therefore we expect that your information will be handled with the same level of care that we employ.
(b) Other Users: Where you so select, we will share your information with other users on the Website.
(c) Social Sites: With certain social networking services, if you allow such sharing through the Website.
(d) Where required by law: We may share the collected information where required by law, specifically in response to a demand from government authorities where such demand meets the legal requirements.
(e) Statistical Analysis: We may share Non-Personal Information and aggregated information with third parties for advertising or marketing purposes. No Personal Information will be shared in this manner.
(f) Transactions: In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of the Company’s assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets.
- External Links. Where the Website contains links and references to other websites, we are not responsible for the collection, use and disclosure of information, or the privacy practices of such websites, and we expressly disclaim any liability relating thereto.
- Persons Under 18. The Website is not marketed towards persons under the age of 18. If the Company discovers that it has inadvertently collected Personal Information about individuals under the age 18, it may promptly delete such information.
- Governing Law. This Agreement shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of Quebec.
- Language. The parties hereto acknowledge that they have requested and are satisfied that the foregoing be drawn up in English. Les parties aux présentes reconnaissent qu’elles ont exigé que ce qui précède soit rédigé en anglais et s’en déclarent satisfaites.